Check out this handy chart for Amtrol commercial hydronic applications! One of these products good be the solution you're looking for on your next job! Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
After 15 years of service in the market, Advanced Thermal Hydronics recently engaged in a study to prove the longevity of our KN Series cast iron boilers.
Why use cast iron?
- Cast iron is a ASHRAE-approved material
- Holds valuable heat longer than other materials, providing superior longevity and reliability
- Cast iron heat exchangers used in the KN series boilers have no welds and are 5x more think than competitive stainless steel and aluminum heat exchangers
- Less susceptible to dramatic thermal stresses
The KN Series boilers have iron clad results:
- KN Series boilers have an installation base of over 16,000 units since 2003
- KN Series boilers haven’t had a single documented failure associated with corrosion
- Cast iron has been the material of choice in the boiler industry for over 150 years
- Cast iron is popular because of its compatibility with water and its superior durability
KN Series: Tear-down Report
Two different KN-20 boilers in full operation were removed from their job sites solely to examine their heat exchangers and verify their thermal efficiency. These boilers were installed in extremely harsh operating conditions with low operating temperatures and non-stop condensing performance. The test indicated only a mere 1-2% loss of cast iron throughout Boiler 1 & 2’s lifecycles. In can be concluded that the boilers could run an addition 38,000 to 44,000 hours in full condensing mode before reaching the ASME minimal wall thickness standards for performance.
For full details regarding the tear-down report, check out the Cast Iron to the Core Brochure.
It’s easy to see that cast iron is an ideal material for condensing boiler applications.
It’s DURABLE. It’s EFFICIENT. It’s made to LAST THE LONG HAUL.
WOW! Check out how strong the Amtrol Hot Water Maker Poly Bottle is! Contact us for inquires regarding any Amtrol products!
From May 31 to June 3rd the National Skills competition was held here, in Winnipeg, MB. We were able to help support UA Canada with the various mechanical building products that we offer. The students were able to demonstrate their skills in the Steam/Pipe Fitting category by installing gas piping systems that incorporated gas fired unit heaters. We were able to provide the Beacon Morris line of unit heaters for this category, and were very happy with its performance. Congratulations to all those who participated in the skills competition!
During the week of February 26 to March 2, WD conducted contractor training on the Liberty Pumps product line. Steve Ritsema, a Mechanical Engineer and the National Sales Manager for Liberty Pumps, led the presentations both at the WD Industrial learning centre and at the offices of various contractors. The presentation consisted a classroom session covering all of Liberty Pump's products along with live demonstrations of various pumps. The training at WD Industrial's facility was very well attended and each attendee received a certificate acknowledging that the individual had been factory trained on installing Liberty Pumps products.Read More